Sunday, May 16, 2010

First weekend here

So this weekend has been a fun one of exploring the base and surrounding area.


First I'll comment on the weather: It's like 95 today and it's been sunny all weekend; I'm pretty sure it's sunny and hot almost every day. I love it. The only downside is that we don't have an A/C and the swamp cooler doesn't get turned on until Tuesday to it's a little warm in here at the moment. Cooking baked potatoes probably doesn't help either.



Next I'm going to post a picture of the outside of our house and maybe the backyard. I didn't take good pics because we were in a hurry, so I'll do a better job when we actually move in which will be around the 26th of the month.







We explored Lancaster on Friday which was cool; theatre, target, walmart supercenter, the fair grounds, etc.


We saw our first dust devil which was pretty cool!





On Saturday I went to the commisary expecting that because it was pay day weekend, and the case lot sale it would be insane and crowded. It wasn't AT ALL. I was shocked. MalibuKaeden was really good, which was nice and refreshing. We explored the Antelope Valley Mall in Palmdale later in the afternoon, holy moly I was in shopping heaven! It's a nicer mall than Anchorage by far and it has tons of stores around it: Ashley, Michaels, Tuesday Morning, Costco, Walmart, Target, bookstores, Sams Club, Kohls, Marshalls, all stores I haven't seen in quite some time! Lots and lots and lots of restaurants too, including my precious Olive Garden! We ate there Saturday night and it was SUPER good :)



On Saturday we also started "the ball system" for MalibuKaeden. This is something we picked up from our friends in Alaska. Basically we got practice golf balls (the plastic ones) and a container, when he does good stuff he gets a ball but when he does bad stuff he gets one taken away. We want to make sure that he starts to understand that his actions have consequences. Also, when he gets the golf balls to the top of the container he can go to the store and get a $10 toy. It takes about 36 balls to fill the entire thing up.



Today we went to the library one base which was small but nice. We also had a picnic at the "bark park" which is the dog park on base. It was actually really nice and even though it was hot it was a great picnic.

I found this at the park too:






I should probably get to cooking dinner since it's starting to get a little bit late.

No comments:

Post a Comment