Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm in FORKS!!!

**Insert pre-teen squeal here**


But before Forks stuff, comes the blah stuff...the ferry.


You might think 4 days on a ferry really isn't that bad, and I can assure you it wasn't awful; but boy does it get tiring doing nothing. Our cabins were nicer this time around and I actually feel like the entire boat was as well. There was a toddler play area on the observation deck with blocks and a slide and stuff so that was a nice bonus.


First day was good. We boarded later at night so we just made dinner and went to bed. We each had our seperate beds.



The second day we stopped for Port in Sitka, and found a really cool hiking trail right off the dock to take the dogs for a walk. It got cut a little short when we heard the horns of the boat and thought we were being left behind. I have never been so worried about how we were going to find some little puddle jumper airplane that would take 2 adults, one child and 2 dogs from Sitka to Ketchican.



The third day we were almost in Ketchican for the whole day which was nice to be able to eat some restaurant food and play in a park.



The forth day was the longest, no stops at all. I ended up snagging some great photos of the sunset though.



Over all the trip went well, thank God for "go fish" cards and a portable DVD player. I really couldn't have asked MalibuKaeden to be better. Okay, I could and I did. I didn't get sick, but I also saw 0--that's right--zero whales, bummer. I'll take the trade.



We got off the ferry in Bellingham today, a beautiful Washington day might I add! The first place we stopped was a McDonald's with the biggest playplace I'd ever seen and free WiFi! YAY! I was dying to check my grades. All A's and B's, not bad for 6 classes and packing to move across the country. MalibuBarbie is a happy girl :)


We began the drive to Forks. *Side note* MalibuKen is THE best. I don't know many husbands who would go to Forks period, let alone suggest it AND go out of his way to do so. Many kudos to him. I am one happy Barbie tonight! Okay, so begin driving to Forks, it's green and beautiful and oooh whats this 2 hours down the road? Another ferry?! Talk about a surprise. I was not ready to be on water again. This time it wasn't so bad only a 30 minute ferry ride across the water to Port Townsend, which is beautiful! From there it was about an hour and half to Forks. We passed through Lake Crescent which was nothing short of amazing


So here we are in Forks. I love it, naturally! First Beach is amazing, I could have stayed there all day! It's a really small town, and I mean really small but it's very pretty. It was a very sunny day, so we didn't see any vampires; I'm sure they were out hunting for the spring grizzlies.



Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure. Click on them to make them larger, if you so choose.



Kaeden in the ferry window:




The hike in Sitka:




Please let me know if you know what these mean:










Differnt ones from the ferry:












Now I'm just getting tired so they will be all out of order but here are the pics from First Beach in La Push and in Forks. I'm ready for a bath and bed. Will try to edit with captions ASAP!

La Push:


First Beach:


Chad found paw prints on the beach (not from our doggies either!):


Family shot:


Some driftwood:


The broken Forks sign:


Our hotel (notice the pun):


Lake Crescent


Port Townsend ferry:


Charlie's work:


Bella's truck:


Where Bedward met:



Tomorrow the plan is to drive into Portland, to have some outdoors time with Jill and family, then spend some time with my Aunt and cousin. I am looking forward to it and hope we have smooth sails :)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! I'm OOBER jealous! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!! and especially the one of you and Chad at First Beach. Adorable!
    Love you! and am glad your having fun and that you guys are safe and doing well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Haley I miss you guys too, you would have LOVED it here. Hopefully you can go soon :)

    ReplyDelete