Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's going on

So here is my BIG, BIG update!

We spent an extra day in Redding with Cheyne and Casey. It was nice that we were able to visit a bit longer. The next day we left to drive through the Redwoods, it was really amazing! Probably the funniest thing ever is that as we get out I want to take MalibuKaeden's picture next to this HUGE Redwood and the next thing I know, he just pulls his pants down and is about to pee ALL over it. BOYS! MalibuKen also drove through a tree and I was freaking out, it was an incredibly tight fit and I'm just thankful some guys were standing around to direct him through it.

We stayed in Sonoma that night, and wine country is BEAUTIFUL!! I can not wait to go back sans child to enjoy the fruits of the field so to speak.

We stayed in a fairly nice hotel and were on our way again. As we were passing San Fran our GPS was going nuts and we didn't get off on the right exit so we ended up driving right into downtown; that place is HUGE--bigger than anything this Barbie has ever seen. Although I was having a small panic attack we ended up getting to see the Golden Gate Bridge so that was pretty rad.

Now we are at our final destination--Edwards AFB. I'm here to say, I like it. It's different but it reminds me a bit of Florida. It's a little sandy with some palm trees here and there and while warm the breeze makes it feel nice. (However the lady at housing said we have 100 days of 100 degrees or over starting around next week--EEK!)

So we are staying in TLF on base, and it very nice. A 2 bed, 1 bath place with a kitchen, front yard and washer and dryer. I'd love to live here with all the maid service :)

So I will say the only downside is this place is incredibly small. The commisary in Alaska had about 20 checkouts, this place has 6. The BX is also much smaller and I no longer have Coach bags, Smashbox cosmetics, and Philosophy fragrace at my fingertips. BOO. Also the closest Target, Bestbuy, restuarants, etc is about 27 miles away from base. I'll be going through some serious shopping withdrawls I'm sure; hopefully however my lack of being 2 miles from a Fred Meyer will make up for the COLA we are losing :)

We went to housing today and were offered a 3 bedroom or a two bedroom plus, I think we are going to go with the 2 bedroom plus because it's much bigger and newer (2007) than the other one. Someone is moving out of the newer one tomorrow so we are going to look tomorrow afternoon after MalibuKen checks in at work.

Today we drove out to Cal City and I must say, I'm so glad we would never buy a house without checking out an area first because while there are some nice houses there it's just not a nice looking place over all.

So I guess that's about it, we are here and so far we like it a lot, YAY!

I hate how it does these pictures backwards and I'm far too lazy to actually fix them, so here are pictures from today to the past couple days:

It's so true....


YAY Edwards!


Wind Energy thingies


Welcome to the desert


The Golden Gate


Wine Country


MalibuKen in a tree


MalibuKen in a tree


MalibuBarbie in a tree


MalibuKaeden and Malibu Ken in a tree


BIG TREE


Redwoods





Cheyne and MalibuBarbie


Cheyne and MalibuKen

No comments:

Post a Comment