Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, my sweet sister

I figure if I just go ahead and get this off my chest now, with any luck I won't be thinking about it all day.

Today would have been Jamie's 22nd birthday. It's so unfair. I can't help but think about what her life would have been like...if she went on to four year college she would have graduated this month; earlier than me...I think she would have liked that. On my 22nd birthday I had a 3 week old. It makes me wonder where she would have been in life, would she be married or engaged or too busy living her life to worry about men? I wonder if she would be into the Twilight series like me, and we could obsess together. I wonder if she would be so excited that I live so close to LA now because that means the beach and tons of shopping. I will NEVER EVER know these things. MalibuKen often says to me that I don't know God's plan and he could have been "saving" her from something awful, and I think I fully understand that. I know that grief is a selfish action. I truly believe and KNOW she is in heaven, which is one hundred million times bigger and better than earth and she is enjoying every minute. I just cry for me. I cry for Aunt Linda and Scott. I cry for MalibuKaeden who will never remember her, and because it's been over 3 years I'm slowly starting to lose what she sounded like, and the insanely funny things she would say.

I dunno, it's not all I have about this topic but I have to stop if I have any hope of making it through this day in one piece. So I'll just say this. Happy Birthday, Jamie Kate, know you are missed and loved so very very much.

I had this made a while ago, so it's old, but it's fitting for today

No comments:

Post a Comment