Sunday, May 2, 2010

Past 3 days in overview

Day 1 of the trip was from Anchorage to Tok. The entire trip went incredibly well, I think it took around 5-6 hours. I started to feel a little sick though, I don't do so well with curvy, bumpy, incredibly high if we fall off the road we die roads :) Here are some photos from the first leg of the journey.


MalibuBarbie and MalibuDenver:




On the way there:





A moose: I love 'em; gonna miss 'em






Our cabin in Tok, it was amazing. I would recommend anyone traveling through there to stay here and eat at Fast Eddy's!






Day 2:


We drove from Tok to Haines Junction in the Yukon of Canada. This trip went seemingly better for everyone but me. The frost heaves were much like a roller coaster in the truck, I was beyond sick at this point. *note there are no pictures of MalibuBarbie this day*


Passing into Canada










It's beautiful here


Stopping for lunch:





Haines Junction




Day 3: Haines (where we are right now)


I had to make the pictures smaller because we are paying for internet by the capacity so I wanted to save some for tomorrow, I have SO many more pictures!


The drive from Haines Junction to Haines was so incredibly beautiful! Not only am I feeling MUCH better today it was a short drive, maybe 3 hours and it's incredible here.





Here is MalibuKaeden and MalibuFenris with their shades on:


An upcoming storm after the shades:


US boarder (home sweet home)


"Good" boat in Haines:


MalibuKen and MalibuKaeden



Tomorrow we get on the ferry and we will be on it until Friday, so of course no phone or internet. Cross your fingers for a good trip, in which I don't get sick and we see lots of whales!

No comments:

Post a Comment